Looking for sclerotherapy in Chicago? Let’s quickly take a brief tour of the therapy.
DVIDA SPA is a specialized medical vein center. We have listed down things you should know about sclerotherapy. So then, let us start.
In the first place, what is sclerotherapy?
To begin with, sclerotherapy is the best-known treatment for varicose veins. Furthermore, the therapy also treats spider veins. Sclerotherapy makes use of a solution commonly known as a sclerosant. The treatment involves the injection of this solution in the veins. The sclerosant irritates the vein valve. As a result, the vein valve collapses. This causes the vein to collapse. This results in discoloration. Hence, the desired results are achieved.
In fact, sclerotherapy is known to treat varicose and spider veins from 1930. In 2018 alone, 3, 23,234 sclerotherapy treatments were carried out. 83% of patients experienced a reduction in pain after sclerotherapy. In the first place, sclerotherapy is nonsurgical. The treatment requires injecting the medicine.
DVIDA SPA is a seasoned varicose veins clinic in Chicago. Our team of surgeons is led by Dr. DAN KROCHMAL. We research the subject matter. We have closely observed sclerotherapy before and after of all our clients. This research has helped us offer our clients the best results.
Secondly, how does it work?
Generally, sclerotherapy flushes the blood out of the vein. Furthermore, medicine closes the vein valve. In brief, the solution irritates the vein. The veins do not have a color. In fact, the blood within the veins makes it colored. Upon injection of the medicine, the varicose and spider veins collapse. This is how the therapy works.
As of today, 25 million people suffer from varicose veins in the USA alone. 17% of men and 33% of women in America suffer from varicose veins.
Thirdly, how long does it take?
Recovery from sclerotherapy is fast. Typically, you can follow your routine immediately after the treatment. This is an in-office treatment.
However, here are three easy precautions for better results.
- Firstly, you need to wear bandages on the treated area for two weeks.
- Also, we recommend our patients to avoid hard work for 2 weeks.
- Lastly, do not expose the treated area to direct sunlight for the same period.
- In short, sclerotherapy has a fast recovery period. However, easy precautions for 14 days guarantee the best results.
Fourth, who is it for?
Above all, sclerotherapy is the best treatment of varicose and spider veins. The therapy is now becoming popular for treatments of other conditions too.
- Deformed lymph vessels – These vessels support your immune system. They carry lymphatic fluid. Sclerotherapy is being used to treat malformed lymph vessels.
- Hemorrhoids – Here, sclerotherapy is not the first course of treatment. However, if other treatment options fail, this therapy comes in handy. This is a rather medical condition. In this case, the blood vessels around the rectum swell. This results in pain during a bowel movement.
- Hydroceles – In this disease the fluid starts collecting in a body part. The most common area this happens is the men’s testes area. Sclerotherapy comes in handy.
We recommend visiting a doctor whenever you want to go for sclerotherapy. A doctor can guide on a case to case basis. DVIDA SPA Chicago offers a free consultation with our panel of surgeons. Click here to book your appointment now.
What are the risks involved?
Sclerotherapy is non-invasive. There is no involvement of risk. Hence, therapy is safe. However, it should be administered by a doctor.
Are there side effects?
In rare cases, there are side effects of sclerotherapy. Listing down some reactions that are common on case to case bases.
- Redness in the treated area.
- Pain surrounding the vein. Burning inside the veins.
- When should we consider sclerotherapy?
At DVIDA SPA, we avoid recommending therapies as such. In fact, you do not need this therapy unless you have varicose or spider veins. Hence, we recommend you consult before you decide on sclerotherapy.
Listing down a few medical conditions, a consultation is strongly recommended.
- In case you have painful veins.
- If you feel your legs are sour or heavy.
- There is extremely dry or patchy skin on your legs and feet.
- You have a rash near a vein.
Lastly, who should avoid sclerotherapy?
There aren’t any long-term side effects. However, you should avoid going for this therapy if:
- You are pregnant. Avoid this therapy.
- Do you have a history of blood clots? Sclerotherapy can cause blood clots in rare cases. So then, avoid sclerotherapy if you have a history.
- Got a surgery done recently? Please avoid sclerotherapy.
To Conclude, Sclerotherapy is the best treatment for varicose and spider veins. However, the therapy is becoming popular for other health conditions too.
Going ahead with the therapy? Ensure a doctor is administering it. Do you have varicose or spider veins? Click here to get free professional advice. DVIDA SPA also offers other body contouring solutions. If you want to remain updated with the latest health and beauty news, follow us on Instagram and Face book.