Skin Tightening Post-Treatment Chicago
Patients who are NOT candidates for this treatment
- If you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you are currently on Accutane. Treatment can be done 6 months post the patient’s last treatment of Accutane – if the face is being treated.
- If you have an active cold sore/ fever blister or skin infection.
1 Week before treatment:
Avoid sun exposure and sunless tanning. Sun burned or tanned skin will not be treated.
All skin irritants must be stopped (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products such as Retin A, Tazorac, Triluma, Differin, and Vitamin C) on the area being treated
Advise staff when taking antibiotics. Certain antibiotics (Tetracycline, Doxycycline) can make a patient photosensitive, therefore, treatment may not be able to done until two weeks after completion of antibiotic.
Day before treatment:
Please let the staff know if you have a history of cold sores/fever blisters PRIOR to treatment, so an anti-viral medication can be prescribed. Treatment can not be done if you have an active cold sore or skin infection and will be rescheduled.
Day of Treatment:
If this is your first treatment, please arrive 30 minutes prior to your treatment to take photos and make sure consents are signed.
Do not wear any make-up or moisturizers on the area being treated, however, we have cleaners that can be used for you to remove in the office.
If a patient chooses to use a topical numbing (anesthetic) cream or take an anti-anxiety medication, please arrive 45 minutes prior to treatment. Please purchase the topical anesthetic PRIOR to treatment from our staff. Instructions will be given to the patient at the time of purchase to ensure proper application. Additionally, if you choose to take an anti-anxiety medication, we suggest that you have someone drive you home after your treatment.
It is normal for the area treated to have redness and swelling. It is uncommon for a blister or bruise to develop. Should you develop a blister, a topical antibiotic ointment such as polysporin can be used twice daily until healed.
- An ice pack should be avoided to maximize treatment results. Pain medication post treatment is not necessary.
- Makeup can be applied immediately post treatment.
- Waxing, tweezing, and depilatory creams can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and exercise post treatment. However, all other normal activity can be resumed.
- A non-exfoliant cleaner and light moisturizer can be used the day of treatment. You can resume normal skin care the next day.
- All skin irritants (glycolic/ salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products, or vitamin C) can be resumed 3 days post treatment.
- An SPF 30 or higher with Zinc Oxide will be applied immediately post treatment. Please continue apply sunblock daily to maximize your results and minimize irritation.
- Botox, Dysport, chemical peels, and dermal fillers can be resumed 1 week post your treatment.
- A post procedure skin care regimen will be suggested by our staff to maximize and prolong your treatments and minimize complication.